Design Your Own Wardrobe
With Rachel Ford of Made Studios
& Violette Carb of Victrix Apparel
If your old duds are duds, this team will help you flash up your fashion. Violette will help you design, draw and carve your own stamp, lead you in a tutorial of block printing the fabric of your choice, and then sew a skirt (or pillow, or tote bag, if you prefer) to your specifications—and you’ll get to keep the stamp for future use!
And in one-on-one instruction in her open studio, Rachel will walk you through the process of designing your very own dress, selecting your favorite fabric, and seeing the pieces put together to make some new threads that are uniquely you.
- A styled look from Toile Custom Atelier
- A two-hour shopping consultancy with Johnny Bilotta
- A bundle basket from Nostalgia Vintage and Contemporary
- A $75 gift card to Geisha House
- A $50 gift card to Smak Parlour
- A selection of titles from Quirk Books, including Handbook of Style and Color Me Fierce
Meet Your Experts
Philly Give & Get experts span a wide range of creative, business, and technology backgrounds. All Philly G&G experts provide their time on a 100% volunteer basis and are committed to the vision of our organization.
- Fine garment making
- Looking great in black
- Fashion and costume design
- Block printing
- Rocking a pencil skirt